Tuesday 1 October 2013

installing wildfly 8 alpha 4

JEE 7 with WildFly 8

I thought of playing around JEE7 on the upcoming WildFly 8. At the writing of this, WF-8-Alpha4 was the latest available and there's no GA. I will be starting with basics of WF and as I move on, I believe it should be ready and comply with the full JEE 7 TCK. Since I do have a very short lived memory, I believe writing every little detail would help myself in the long run. I doubt I would explore all components of JEE 7 stack, instead I would probably focus on JCA 1.7, Transactions 1.2, JMS 2.0 and EJB 3.2.

Installation :
WildFly-8 Alpha 4 can be downloaded from the community web at the following location :
http://www.wildfly.org/download/ or directly from 
http://download.jboss.org/wildfly/8.0.0.Alpha4/wildfly-8.0.0.Alpha4.zip

The installation is pretty easy, just unzip the downloaded wildfly-8.0.0.Alpha4.zip to a preferred directory. The server would start the default standlone.xml configuration should you run ./standalone.sh from the $WF_HOME/bin directory. To list all available startup options, please try :
[bershath@shimmer bin]$ ./standalone.sh --help

To bind the application server to a specific port :
[bershath@shimmer bin]$ ./standalone.sh -b 192.168.1.50

The standalone.conf in the bin directory contains a few startup options, it's recommended to tweak these attributes to accommodate specific memory or user requirements. 

No comments:

Post a Comment